Keep Winter From Wreaking Havoc On Your Skin.
5 Tips To Healthy, Moisturized Skin All Year Long.
Dry skin during the cold season is tough but there are steps you can take to ensure that your skin stays mositurized and healthy this winter.
We are happy to share these tips with you and hope you find them helpful.
1. CONSUME HIGH QUALITY FISH OIL. A common cause of dry skin is a lack of essential Omega 3 fats. This issue can be resolved by ingesting high quality, animal based fats like fish oil. If you suffer from chornic dry skin, you may need to consider increasing your Omega 3 fats intake. These fatty oils will naturally lubicate your skin from the inside out.
2. DON'T OVER USE SOAP. What kind of soap are you using and how often do you use it?
Many store brand soaps are actually detergents. Detergent will strip your skin of the natural oils that help keep your skin moisturized. If you frequently wash your hands with detergent soap you will dry your skin to the point of cracking.
If your skin is cracking you will become vunerable to germs and bacteria and your health may be compromised.
If you must wash your hands frequently, use natural soaps and avoid soaps containing detergent.
3. AVOID MOSITURIZERS CONTAINING SODIUM LAURYL SULFATE. SLS is commonly used in most store brand mositurizers. It is an anionic detergent and is used to remove engine grease and clean factory floors. It's an effective clearner but it should be kept far away from your delicate skin. Always read the list of ingredients! If Sodium Lauryl Sulfate is listed, put the product back on the shelf and quickly walk away.
4. APPLY COCONUT OIL AND JOJOBA OIL TO YOUR SKIN. Coconut oil is wonderful for the skin. It helps hydrate the skin and has many health benefits. Jojoba Oil works amazingly with coconut oil as its wax like texture helps your skin contain the mositure from the coconut oil.
5. USE MOSITURIZERS WITH ALL NATURAL INGERDIENTS. We are proud to say that Top To Bottom only uses all natural ingerdients. Our oils, castors, butter and wax are organic and will keep your skin healthly all day. Our list of natural ingerdients are listed below.
Jamaican Black Castor
Keeping your skin properly moisturized through out the winter can easily be accomplished by following the steps mentioned above. Consume Omega 3 fats via high quality fish oil. Don't over use soap. Avoid moisturizers containing Soduim Lauryl Sulfate. Apply coconut oil and jojoba oil to your skin regularly and finally, only use mositurizers that contain all natural ingredients.